Thursday 27 September 2012

Tigers Baseball Is Not The Only Baseball Being Played This Time Of Year

A happy fall afternoon to all my lovely followers out there. I am back with another edition of the Irate Italian. I have joyfully begun another school year and with that comes the return of athletic teams and their quests for championship glory, some more prominent than others. Having the privilege to cover many of these sports allows me to understand the true preparation that is required before the actual season begins. Rather it be off season training for football or evening runs to maintain endurance for track, preparation is crucial.

What I find hard to still understand is how two very successful baseball and fastball teams can continuously be overlooked by local media, aside from a three sentence write up, while they both continuously show a winning history. I am talking about the baseball team and fastball team at the University of Windsor. By not being part of the OUA their schedule is based on a mix of divisions and leagues throughout Ontario and southeast Michigan. This is considered a non varsity sport and I feel obligated(thanks to a stern lecture from one Ms. Ruccolo) to shine some light on local talents that stand out on the field and in the classroom.

I encourage everyone to get out this weekend and checkout some local baseball action, and I am not talking about the Tigers postseason push. This Saturday the Lancer women's fastpitch team will take on the Toronto Varsity Blues in a doubleheader. Games are at 2 and 4pm at Turtle Club on Reaume Road in Lasalle, Ontario. On Sunday, the women are once again in action against the Guelph Gryphons as they do battle in another doubleheader at 12 and 2pm at Turtle Park. The men will take to the field against crosstown rival the St. Clair Saints on Sunday. First pitch is slated for 1 and 3:30pm at Lacasse Park in Tecumseh, Ontario.

I will do a followup on both teams with full stories coming for both teams and even some video. Thats right people, the Irate Italian has discovered technology. Hang on because this could get real fun!

I'll see you at the ballpark Sunday! Until then I leave you with this, does a one legged duck swim in a circle if they float down stream?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment